An ideal solution to transferring the media is the NETZSCH TORNADO® rotary lobe pump which offers high capacity with a small space requirement. Especially for installation in containers the small foot print gives highest flexibility in arranging the equipment.
Features of the NETZSCH TORNADO® Industry lobe pump:
- tolerant to sand content in the medium
- low pulsation
- high suction capability
The NETZSCH TORNADO®Industry lobe pump offers you:
- low life cycle costs
- high pressure stability
- high flow rate but small foot print
Advantages of the NETZSCH TORNADO®Industry lobe pump:
- Operation possible even with high water content
- Reliable operation with highly viscous oils
Additional information could you see from our brochure:
Modular design with an adjustable housing for a long service life.
2 Wear Protection Plates
Highly abrasion-resistant, replaceable wear plates on both sides of the lobes.
3 Timing Gear
Patented timing gear design with decoupled gaskets for pump and gear reliably purges any product leakage and prevents infiltration into the timing gear.
4 Shaft Seals
Easy to service shaft seals with bi-directional and wear-resistant single-acting mechanical seals. Mechanical seals meeting DIN/ISO standards from any manufacturer can be installed.
5 Housing Cover Plate
Rotary lobe, pump and gear seals can easily be serviced or exchanged after removal of the housing cover plate; it is not necessary to disassemble the pump housing or piping.
6 Rotary Lobes
Two- to four-bladed, straight or beveled rotary lobes in various elastomer qualities are available for different applications.
The NETZSCH TORNADO® Rotary Lobe Pump is available…
- in three models: MB, XB, XLB
- for flow rates from 3 to 1,000m/h3
- for differential pressures up to 6 bar
- with four rotary lobe models
- with wear-proof and chemically resistant elastomers
- with cast iron or stainless steel housing
- with high-grade carbide mechanical seals
- capacities from a few L/h to 1000 m³/h
- pressures of up to 6 bar in standard form
- solid particles up to 70 mm
- substances with a viscosity of 1 – 500,000 mPas
Certification / Credentials
- DIN ISO 9001
- Certification in accordance with § 19 WHG
- ATEX Directive
- GOST R and GOST K
- Material certifications
- Test reports
- Welding certificates
- Non-destructive material testing
- Sound level measurement
- Quality plans
- Progress reports
- Other certification and credentials upon request
1 Rotor Setting Device
For positioning the rotors axially as well as radially.
2 Front Cover
For covering the pump head and correct positioning of the cover liner.
3 Cover Liner
For sealing the pump head and acting as abrasion resistant, replaceable wear plate. Only two elastomer inlays, one cover liner and one casing liner, protect the whole pump chamber from wear.
Rotor with integrated sleeve in simple and robust shape. The faces of the lobes are completely flat, no screws where fibrous material can get trapped or compacted. The straight lobes allow for the passage of much larger solids.
5 Casing Liner
Wear resistant, replaceable casing liner. With integrated Pulsation Reduction System (NETZSCH PRS.). A Glass fiber reinforced robust body underneath the elastomer gives the liners stability and enables high suction and discharge pressure capabilities.
6 Rotor case
Rotor case with integrated flanges DIN and ANSI. Full access to pump head from flange to flange.
7 Bearing Housing
Bearing Housing with motor console and electric motor as compact pump unit. Other drive arrangements also possible
The NETZSCH TORNADO® conveys your oil as well
The NETZSCH TORNADO® is a well suited pump for transporting high capacities at low pressures under tight space constraints. The TORNADO® Rotary Lobe Pump is ideal for loading and unloading tank trucks when not much space is available.
Wide Spectrum of Applications
The NETZSCH TORNADO® is used primarily for substances with the following properties…
- low- to high-viscosity (1 mPas to 500,000 mPas)
- thixotropic and dilatant
- non-smearing or smearing
- crude oil
- mineral oil
Additional Features of the NETZSCH TORNADO®:
- high suction capability of up to 8 mWC
- reversible direction of rotation
- vertical or horizontal installation
- low noise, low vibration
- ball passage up to 70 mm